Mobile Roof for Amerang Castle, Amerang - Germany, 2006

The retractable roof is represented by a translucent membrane of PTFE material (fiberglass covered with fabric) that is trained in 5 axes using winches. The membrane is fixed final position using hydraulic cylinders.

Amerang courtyard of the castle is considered one of the most important examples of Renaissance architecture and was first mentioned in official documents in 1072. Currently, owners of the castle are Baron Ortholf von Crailsheim and Baroness Giulia von Crailsheim-Larisch.